Jay Kline <list at slushpupie.com> writes:

> On Wednesday 08 May 2002 09:20 am, Austad, Jay wrote:
> > Check out Vonage.com.
> >  <*SNIP*>
> >
> > I think I might dump my line at home for this thing.  I'm sick of figuring
> > out long distance charges for my 3 roomies, and our phone bill is like $80
> > a month now anyway.
> >
> > Jay
>
> After looking at their FAQ's..  they dont support 911 service (or many toll
> access numbers) yet. There is still room to grow with these..  so for
> everyone considering this, I wouldnt make it your exclusive phone line yet.
> Would be great if you needed addidional lines, though. But I can see this
> really taking off in the next few years.

It seems to be over now, but for a couple of years most of my
consulting clients were in NYC; vonage would have let me set up an NYC
phone number, which would have "looked good".  And I have a lot of
friends there through SF fandom.

If I had money to play with I might get it just to screw around.
Hooking it up as a third phone line into the KSU and programming
outbound long distance calls to prefer it....
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  Ghugle: the Fannish Ghod of Queries
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net