On Tuesday 07 May 2002 11:44 pm, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
> On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 04:22:57PM -0500, Florin Iucha wrote:
> > http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/f_headline.cgi?bw.050702/221272104&ti
> >cker=RHAT
> >
> > What do you think? Maybe we can lend RedHat a hand by volunteering to
> > implement similar things in Twin Cities?
> >
> > That would be good to be done under the TCLUG umbrella.
> >
> > And yes I do care if my tax money gets "wasted" onto education vs. wasted
> > onto M$ pile of ca$h.
>
> just for that last reason alone (not to mention the 'alleviate boredom'
> motivation) I'd be willing to volunteer some time working with Linux in a
> school.
>
> Carl Soderstrom.

I have been on the K12Linux mailing list for a while. I was waiting for
school to finish up for the year, but when I had a chance I was going to see
if there was a need anywhere for LTSP (The K12Linux group has their own setup
for it to make it easy, I have played with it some on my own).  I would be
more than willing to donate my time an efforts into helping the schools.
Perhaps if we can get enough people to support this idea, the TCLUG can
"addopt" a school to help support a Linux deployment?

Jay