My daughter's school has been using Linux for 2 years.  They have two
systems that act as Firewall, VPN gateway between the two campuses, Web
server, File server, E-mail server, etc. serving about 60 computers.
Both sites are services by DSL links.

It's been a challenge, but we've got a great SysAdmin.  We've also been
talking about offering some programming and networking classes.

Even though Microsoft just about gives their software away to schools,
there's still a nice nitch for Linux.

Check out our web site at mlla.org.

--- Florin Iucha <florin at iucha.net> wrote:

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/f_headline.cgi?bw.050702/221272104&ticker=RHAT

> What do you think? Maybe we can lend RedHat a hand by volunteering to
> implement similar things in Twin Cities?
>
> That would be good to be done under the TCLUG umbrella.
>
> And yes I do care if my tax money gets "wasted" onto education vs.
> wasted
> onto M$ pile of ca$h.
>
> florin
>
> --
>
> "If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."
>
> 41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4

=====
---
Wayne Johnson,             | There are two kinds of people: Those
3943 Penn Ave. N.          | who say to God, "Thy will be done,"
Minneapolis, MN 55412-1908 | and those to whom God says, "All right,
(612) 522-7003             | then,  have it your way." --C.S. Lewis