On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 11:21:11AM -0500, Clay Fandre wrote:
> Solaris sucks. I've never been able to get color mutt running on it. I
> haven't tried in a few years now, but if I remember correctly you
> needed to recompile ncurses with some extra options and then recompile
> mutt to use the new ncurses libraries. (or something like that)

Its not quite that bad to get color working on Solaris, but its
not pleasant.  The easiest way around it is to use one of the
Solaris supplied terminals that supports color (dtterm).

If that doesn't suit you (and it doesn't me), then you have to
supplement Sun terminfo information.  Here's [1] partial directions
for doing this. Basically, you have to get terminfo for terminals
that Sun doesn't support from a Linux box (or somewhere else),
then compile it into a Sun ready format with "tic".  Then you
just have to use a color ready terminal like rxvt, NOT Sun's xterm.

  1. http://www.balug.org/ml/balug-talk/msg00813.html