Hello,

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Dave Erickson wrote:

> I thought about Samba but it seems kind of overkill. Is there much
> overhead having it running all the time? Or can I just start it up when
> I want to move files?

You can have Samba run through inetd, and then it won't be running all the
time.

> Would it be possible to burn cdr's over the network through Samba?

I've done that. It didn't work too well on 10baseT but works fine on
100baseT.

Actually I might've used NFS rather than Samba... I guess check the
transfer rate you get and chat rate you need to feed the CDR with.

-Yaron