On 27 Mar 2002, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> writes:
> > Here is what I use for my setiathome script. Homebrew.
>
> Based on their recent web page, they'd like you to put a delay in
> there so if it failed to connect, it didn't retry immediately.  Seems
> their server gets really hammered :-).

 Recent?  I'm 90% sure they had that warning a year ago, when I signed up.

 On a side note, there's now a TCLUG SETI at home team.  There is (little)
more information available at http://seti.tclug.org/ , and more
importantly, a link to the team page at the SETI at home site
(http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_135861.html -- should
I really have that memorized?).
 Also found at that site is a small, hacked-together RPM with the
setiathome client for a couple platforms (i386/i686/ppc/sparc), and a
shell script that creates a directory in which to run setiathome, and
restarts the program if it dies (as per SETI's instructions).  The RPMs
are built for RedHat 6.2, and the SRPM doesn't actually contain source
(SETI only distributes binaries).  It's not much, but it's a start.
 And before anyone comments, I know the web page isn't pretty.  I'm a
system administrator, not a web designer.

     Jima