On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> David Johnson wrote:
> > I'm another tclug lurker; happened to see this.  I have a box that I
> > have mainly neglected since rh 6.2, and I need to update ssh.  I tried
> > the rpms that come with 7.2, but you know how redhat is with
> > dependencies, especially between releases.
>
> apt-get is your friend.

 But, unless I'm mistaken, completely useless for this, unless the list of
mirrors includes someone's contrib of an OpenSSH RPM built for 6.2.
RedHat does not distribute OpenSSH for 6.2.  If you tried apt-getting the
7.2 RPM, you'd probably inadvertantly upgrade the whole box to 7.2, or
hose your system.  If it did anything.
 Could be an amusing test, but I don't think I'll try it on a production
machine.
 (On a side note, does apt-get for RedHat support SRPMs?  If so, you could
probably get it to work, by pointing at an SRPM of OpenSSH.)

     Jima