On Wednesday 27 March 2002 01:29 pm, Chris Dresel wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 March 2002 08:36, you wrote:
> > March 25, 2002 - StarOffice 6.0/Linux is available for download -
> > The much anticipated Sun StarOffice 6.0 for Linux is now available
> > for download to Mandrake Linux Silver Club Members . We are proud to
> > announce that Club members will be among the first Linux users to
> > have the privilege of using  the newest version of this premiere
> > Linux Office Suite.
>
> Thankfully I use Mandrake, and am a Silver Club Member, I'm dl-ing it as we
> speak
> I'll let you know what I think

Please.  I'm running the latest stable OpenOffice.org version -- which is
definitely Good Enough; see http://www.openoffice.org -- but if Star has
managed to get their act together, it would probably be worthwhile for most
users to shell out for it.

(The Mandrake Club is another matter.  I'm not knocking anybody's decision to
give Mandrakesoft $120/year, but I'm beginning to wonder how long they're
going to be around.)

--
There's a widow in sleepy Chester