On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 12:57:15PM -0600, Joel Rosenberg wrote:
> I'm apparently missing something -- is bandwidth at such a premium locally
> that a bit of extra text is a problem?  Who is using a 2400 baud modem?

Doesn't matter how fast my DSL is, the bandwidth of my eyes is still
limited.  Messages that look like:

1 line note

--- message from so-and-so ---
3,762 lines of text which may or may not contain additional comments
and there's no way to tell without visually scanning through all of
it

are a real PITA, even with a MUA that's kind enough to highlight
quoted text.  If you edit your quotes once, your hundreds of
readers don't have to all waste their time editing them mentally.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss