Bruce Broecker
Network Engineer
The Toro Company
bruce.broecker at toro.com

>>> Ben Lutgens <blutgens at sistina.com> 03/26/02 09:10AM >>>
On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 08:42:03AM -0600, Bruce Broecker wrote:
>   Perry,
>
>   DHCP requests are broadcasts that only go out on the interface that
>   requires DHCP service. If eth0 requires DHCP configuration, but eth1 does
>   not, then DHCP requests will only go out on eth0. IOW, eth0 will only talk
>   to the cable modem for DHCP and eth1 will only talk to your internal DHCP
>   server (if not statically configured).

Hi, please refrain from posting HTML mails to the LUG mailing lists.
There's lots of people who do not have clients that understand html and
lots of people find it rude. Also, you'll find that it does little except
attract flames and random quotes about microsofts RFC NON-Compliance :-)

Have a nice day.