Ok, I know this topic has come up in the past, but it's been awhile....
So...

I'm looking for a network monitoring tool that has a nice web interface
(preferably written in PHP), logs to a database, and can generate nice
pretty uptime reports for pointy haired manager types.  I've used Netsaint
in the past, but progress on it is slow, it doesn't log anything to a db,
and administration of it is a pain in the ass.  The reason I'm looking for
DB logging is so I can generate my own custom reports easily, and for ease
of administration.

Another thing that would be cool is a Intermapper (http://www.dartware.com,
Mac only) clone for Linux/BSD.  Intermapper rocks, but they charge by the
number of devices monitored for their license, and I have a lot more stuff
to monitor than my current license can handle.

Jay