Chris Feist wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 09:00:26PM -0600, Perry Hoekstra wrote:
> > My question is, what would prevent my firewall box from
> > grabbing an IP address from my internal DHCP server versus the cable
> > modem?
>
> Just make sure that your dhcp server only listens/responds to the interface
> that is not connected to your cable modem.
>
> Assuming that your cable modem is on eth0 and your network is on eth1 you would
> run dhcpd like this: 'dhcpd eth1'.  This may differ depending on what dhcp
> server you are running.

Actually, it is the dhcp client (in this case pump) that I am worried about.  I
want it to look to the cable modem on eth0 for the DHCP server rather than eth1
which is the internal network where a second DHCP server resides for my laptop and
other sundry boxes.

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect