On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Perry Hoekstra wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find openssh rpms for a RH 6.2 box?  I
> poked around the redhat site (and mn-linux) site and could not find
> them.  RPMFind had some pretty old ones but that worries me.  I cannot
> grab the source from openssh.org because I am building a bare-bones
> firewall box and I don't have any of the compilations tools on the box
> to be able to compile the source.

 Yep, I already maintain a set of OpenSSH RPMs compiled for RedHat 6.2.
They're available at http://beer.tclug.org/openssh/ .  There are copies
for both i386 and SPARC.  (PPC coming as soon as I bother to upload them.)
 They've been patched against the recent channels_alloc bug.
 You'll need the openssl RPM from the 6.2 updates (available at any decent
RedHat mirror).  To install that you'll probably need the latest copy of
RPM.  To install *that* you'll need the db3 RPM.
 (Yes, I can see why people hate RPM dependencies.  But you really should
be applying updates anyway.)
 Yeah, this is a bit late, but it's information for anyone else who
wondered, too.

     Jima