From: "Kremer" <kremer at ringworld.org>
To: <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2002 7:16 PM
Subject: [TCLUG] network flaking out

I am running Debian on my workstation and firewall at home.  My
workstation is having the network flake out fairly regularly.
Approximately every hour the network will become unusable.  If i ifdown
eth0 and ifup eth0 it works again.  I have been told that it sounds like a
DHCP issue, but I'm not sure if that would be a problem with the firewall
or with my workstation.  When I have my workstation in windows I don't
have the problem.
I think it's really odd because I haven't really changed anything on my
computer for about a week before it started happening.

Any ideas?
TIA

- Kremer