I don't remember those chairs at the apple store, but if they are sphere
chairs, they may be a design by Eero Aarnio from back in the 60's.
http://www.eero-aarnio.com

There is a place that currently makes them, and they cost around $2250 each
direct from them, and $4500 or so from resellers.  They definitely are not
cheap.  If you are looking for something similar, you could always go down
to Rosenthal's Furniture next door to the Pickled Parrot.  If you like
contemporary furniture, you will probably spend lots of money at Rosenthals,
and they can probably get you just about any chair you want.

Jay