On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Amy Tanner wrote:

> When I go to the control-center and click on Pilot Link, it says this
> is the first time it's been run, and tries to sync.  However, after
> hitting sync button on my palm, Pilot Link just sits there and my
> palm says it can't sync.  Here's what I'm running:

is pilot-link installed? should be for any palm stuff to work, its the GPL
stuff that Palm Inc. released for linux

if not install it and then run
pilot-xfer -l and press the hotsync button on the cradle

this should list all installed packages on you palm

another thing i had problems with is that the default action associated
with the hotsync button on the cradle was changed to sync over IR, it took
me a whole day of cursing to finally notice that  ;-)

> Note: I was able to get jpilot to work by creating a sym link for
> libpisock.so.3 and installing with nodeps.  I currently have jpilot
> uninstalled, however, in an effort to get gnome-pilot to work.

having to create the symlink shows that something is not going right, what
error do you get without using the --nodeps?

 -munir