On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 09:07:42AM -0600, Liz Burke-Scovill wrote:
> > True.  I'm just wondering how long it's going to be before people
> > start complainging about how the Red Hat Enterprise version's release
> > cycle is too slow and their version of KDE is almost a year old and
> > it's utterly worthless because everything is so obsolete and...
>
> For my production environmnet, I'd rather have a slow release cycle as
> long as it's stable! :)

Absolutely.  It was a reference to a common phenonmenon on the
debian-user list:  Every few weeks, some yutz shows up and starts
making all the complaints mentioned above as soon as they see the age
of the stable distro and everyone else gets to explain to him that
it's called _stable_ for a reason.  Hopefully, Debian won't have to
put up with that sort of thing any more.  More likely, Red Hat will
be sharing in the pain.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss