Quoting Troy.A Johnson (troy.johnson at health.state.mn.us):
> Examples would be distributed.net, Seti at Home
> (the search-for-aliens-in-static one), and
> programs like Pooch
> (http://daugerresearch.com/pooch/).
>
> Is that what you are thinking of Bob? A "pooch"
> for linux, or maybe a cross platform "puppie"? I'd
> like that...

Like setiathome, kind of. In college, we installed pvm (parallel virutal make, I
think), on all the decstations on campus. Why? I was doing an X programming
class and some of compiles would take 2 hours. With pvm we where able to
parallelize the make across all decstations, make compiled come in at aroudn
20mins.

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500