On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 12:45:18AM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Anyone read anything about distributed compilation of the kernel?
>
> I'm talking about distributing the compile of the kernel across idle boxes on
> your network.
>
> Something ala pvm. NOT like a cluster.

Bob, follow the threads with the title "xy.z second kernel compile" on
LKML. They got it down from 21s to 10.3s to 7.52s - there is no time to
distribute that 8^)

Now seriously, for my 150 MHz Sparc compiling locally is too painfull.
The best results I've got by compiling over NFS, with the directory on a
machine with fast disk and enough RAM.

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4