The problem your seeing is probably due to issues with setting up the data part
of the ftp connection.  Since you can get to the ftp server you must have
outbound port 21 open, to get passive ftp to work (which is the default with
many ftp clients these days and more secure) just open up outbound port 20.  If
you're still having problems send the iptables script that you have and I'll
show you what you need to change.

		Chris