>>> chewie at wookimus.net 03/15/02 01:29PM >>>
>On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 12:15:01PM -0600, Troy.A Johnson wrote:
>> % man <the-thing-I-do-not know>
>Sounds like you're confusing info files and manpages.

No, I was trying to express how braindead I
sometimes feel when I look for help. 'man' is
braindead, so it works for me at those times,
and so is my preferred help medium. 'info' says
"learn my keymap" just when I want to be
learning something else. I might change
my opinion if I took the time to learn the keymap.
If I did, I would probably alias 'man' to 'info' too.

Thanks for the information on info page format
because I do find that stuff interesting.

I'll give 'pinfo' a try and set up the 'Gnome
Help' browser to see them too. Gerry, is it the
MANPATH environment variable that must be
adjusted, or a Gnome setting?

Thank you much to everyone,

Troy