On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 11:13:51PM -0600, Brady Hegberg wrote:
> I've got a crash bug in bugzilla for gnome-panel2.  This is almost as
> fun as the email conversations I had with Telsa Gwynn.  :-)

Brings back memories of the bleeding-edge Gnome that left a very bad
taste in my mouth way back when RedHat 6.0 first came out.  After Gnome
crashed a few times, I would delete the ~/.gnome-whatever directories in
order to get the desktop back into a usable state (but losing all my
customizations).  Things got better in the next month or two, after
half the RPMs in the system had been updated, but by then I had become
hesitant to tweak anything on the desktop for fear of triggering a
crash.  Eventually, I dumped the Gnome desktop setup and started using
WindowMaker.

IMHO, releasing a crash-prone panel or gdm would be incredibly lame.
Hopefully it gets fixed before the release of Gnome 2.

Joel "the gnome-averse"