No that you asked, but you could use Webstart if your application needs to be
updated often.

With just a little extra setup (clients get the Java Webstart client), and
you need to have a web server, and an XML jnlp file, but after that, you can
get updates to all of the client machines (Windoze or Linux) by just signing
and changing out the jar files on the web server.  You can even add new jar
files for additional functionality and not have to touch the client.  The
clients will check the version of the app and which jar resources they need
every time the start via the webstart client (no classpath needed).

Kelly Black
KB0GBJ