Tim,
This is something of the dreaded, "me to", but there isn't a good clean
authentication client for Novell's eDirectory.  :-(

NDS network.  An upgrade to Netware 6 is non-trivial (requires a lot of work
and more hardware) and still doesn't really allow for easy Linux
authentication to NDS -- it just allows for file access once you have
authentication (except for the web client which should work fine regardless
of the client without separate authentication).

That said, our best bet is to get secure LDAP working on NDS.  LDAP is running
where I work, but secure LDAP is not yet configured right, so I haven't been
able to get the authentication working.  The things to look for are the LDAP
PAM module and references to it.  If LDAP and SSL are working on your NDS
Tree, you should be able to get that working.

As far as file access, waiting for Native File Access in Netware 6 is probably
our only hope.

I'll be very interested in any progress you make and in any other responses
from people on the list who have been successful with Novell/Linux
integration.

Gerry

--
Gerry Skerbitz