On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 12:35:14PM -0600, Florin Iucha wrote:
> Read the LKML archives. The problem occurs only on sparcs.

I did read LKML, however I was asking for final verdict.  LKML isn't
always explicit in it's summaries and conclusions.  A new Kernel Traffic
was released today that contains a good summary of the topic.  The long
and short of it is that it does not affect x86 architectures, but does
include "some" architectures.  Albeit, "some" implies more than one, but
I'm sure "sparc" is part of that potential list.

Anyway, the Kernel Traffic to view is:

    http://kt.zork.net/kernel-traffic/latest.html#3

At least I feel safe compiling the 2.4.18 kernel and rolling it out to
the IMA x86 workstations/servers, especially after reading Carl's
website about his successes.

For future reference, telling me to RTFM will likely fall on deaf ears,
as that is usually the first source I hit.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' chewie at wookimus.net)