On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 12:43:05PM -0600, Jima wrote:
> If that's the case...
> Mike, is there any reason you're not decoding the audio on the computer
>that's hooked up to the stereo, aside from the finer control that
>initiating the stream from your local system (in that case, your wireless
>laptop) affords you?  I've written a command-line script that queued up
>MP3s (via mpg123); it wouldn't be a far step beyond that to write a CGI to
>do the same.
> Or maybe I'm just unnecessarily complicating things.

perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::MP3'

With this module you can control xmms from command line (or from a cgi). If
it's a headless box you could run Xvfb server, set your display and your
golden. You can add/remove files to playlists, change volume etc.

--
Ben Lutgens		http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
Sistina Software Inc.