On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Brian wrote:
> Probably.  I think it'll just fry the LED though.  You'd be best off
> adding a 33 ohm resistor to each lead, that would lower the current
> enough that I don't think it'd fry anything.  I'm not the person to
> ask though, I know there are much more experienced EEs on this list.

Yeah, kinda what I figured.

> > I know we should really go 3 led's, but that'd mean modifying the
> > beautiful case!
>
> Umm... Nate?  Carl? You two are AGAINST modding a case and adding LEDs
> to it?  Of course, I haven't seen any pictures **COUGH, WINK, NUDGE**
> of this case but still, with that much disk in a box I can't imagine
> anything less than packing it full of LEDs.

Carl didn't say anything.  :)

I just don'tw ant to have to cut any holes in it.. it's a nice brushed
aluminum finish, so any custom led's would look lame if we didn't get it
exactly right.

I'm thinking it may be easiest to use one of the blank floppy bay covers,
and cut a few holes in that..