What would be cool is to use a tri-color led and a simple circuit to
convert voltages.  This way you would get red for one controller, Green
for the Second, and Yellow for the third controller.

Tricolor LEDs come in two- and three-pin packages. Although the
three-pin, or common-cathode, package easily lends itself to 2-bit
control, wiring three crowded pins can be mechanically difficult. Also,
fewer manufacturers produce the three-pin types. The two-pin package is
easier to connect to a wiring harness and is readily available. However,
this package requires more control overhead, because, to light the LED
yellow, the device must continuously alternate between red and green.

For this application however I thing the three lead version might me
simpler.

-John