Callum Lerwick wrote:

> Anyone noticed Mozilla's tendancy to use fonts way too big on some sites
> (www.redhat.com, and www.theregister.co.uk in particular is really
> freaking big) and way too damn small on others (www.penny-arcade.com)?
>
> It seems to have something to do with CSS. Anyone know of a trick to fix
> this? NS4 had a fontscale resource you could tweak, but I can't find
> anything on doing such a thing on mozilla...
>
> Tweaking the text zoom all the time gets annoying.

This isn't really a solution, but it's my favorite thing about mozilla, so...

You can bind a mouse scroll wheel with a modifier to a number of operations.
I've got the scrollwheel + shift key bound to the text zoom function.  It's
incredibly convenient, and I'm constantly changing text size to whatever is
most comfortable for me.