On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 12:30:59PM -0600, Mike Hicks wrote:
> You
> can generally specify all files with just `*', though that often doesn't
> pick up files with a dot at the beginning.  Therefore, you may have to
> additionally specify `.*', but that occasionally also picks up the `..'
> directory, which can be bad..

Two options:

1)  To get all files in a directory, use

scp -r host:/path/to/directory/ /path/to/destination

This isn't scp-specific; most utilities recognize either -r or -R to
mean 'recursive'.

2)  To match all files starting with a dot, but not . or .., use
.[^.]* (well, not entirely perfect - this will miss files starting
with two dots, but I've never seen one of those in the wild)

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss