On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 02:39:22PM -0600, nassarmu at redconcepts.net wrote:
> what bothers me more though is the lack of To and From fields, i
> thought these were vital for SMTP traffic,

Nope.  Once you've specified (from memory) HELO, RCPT TO, and MAIL
FROM, you use DATA to send the actual content - both headers and body
- and anything goes there.  If the headers are malformed, mail
clients may choke on it, but SMTP doesn't particularly care.  RCPT
TO/MAIL FROM and the To:/From: headers don't have any particular
relationship enforced on them.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss