>>>>> "n" == nassarmu  <nassarmu at redconcepts.net> writes:

    n> I thought that most of those scientists were exported to the US during
    n> the post-war occupation of germany...

    >> And to think that we have a shuttle program to talk about, thanks
    >> in part to all the scientists (rocket and other) who fled their
    >> homelands for the U.S. during Hitler's reign.

That's right.  Lots of these folks were NOT the good guys who "fled their
homelands for the U.S. during Hitler's reign."

The US and the USSR grabbed whoever they could grab from the Nazi V2
programs at the end of the war, and neither was too fussy about who
had used slave labor, etc., etc.

Lee's original point is true of the nuclear weapons program, but not
the space program.  Einstein, Fermi, and many others had been driven
out of Nazi- and Nazi-occupied Europe.