"Steve Redding" <stevered at mm.com> writes:

> I have been teaching myself how to properly use xinetd on a Red Hat 7.2
> system.  And I like what it can do.  But I am also reading up on setting up
> my first qmail server and the howto and Life with qmail suggest using
> ucspi-tcp which apparently serves the same function as xinetd.  It seems
> overly complicated to use both on the same system.  Which do you folks
> recommend using or should I use both for the qmail system?

I use both.  The requirements of email don't match well with xinetd on
this system (it handles too much email for that).  Some sort of
permanently running server is necessary.  ucspi-tcp does that nicely.
And is written to the same performance and (most important) security
standards as qmail.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  Ghugle: the Fannish Ghod of Queries
        Book log: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/Ouroboros/booknotes/