> Not off hand, but I would think that if someone were to truly sit down
>with the board and explain the pro's and con's (security needs to be
>mentioned also), as well as overall cost and that it could run on much of
>their current systems (both Mac and Intel based) it might spark some
>interest.  I know their biggest fear would be training, as well as support.
>Much like many other places.

	yeah, this is where it would really help to have an onsite Admin
With A Clue (AWAC (TM)). anything else, and they're going to whine about how
it was all easier under windows/mac, where they could 'fix' (read: break)
things themselves, instead of calling a consultant/geek/other school's
admin.

> I would think that smaller school districts would be more easily approachable than a larger one.
	could very well be.

> For myself, I was rather PO'd that the Forest Lake district spent $250,000
>on a company to do a comparison and determine what would best benefit the
>students and schools.  They came back, and said "Macintosh" was the way of
>the business world.  Absolute BS in my mind...
	with OSX, macs don't suck too badly anymore. I think the main thing
OSX offers over linux, is that the user interface *isn't* easily
customizable; making idiot-support much easier. if that's what they were
considering, I can understand their conclusion.
	IMHO, Linux still wins over OSX for the classroom tho; because:
	- better security, when properly adminned
	- K12 LTSP
	- you can make it look like anything you want, and then lock those
settings down so users can't break them. :)
	- the software is generally Free, and usually gratis as well. ;>

	but I could have told you all that for free. :)

I know Bob was going to go to some school board meeting, and present the
Case for Linux there; but I don't know if it's happened yet, or how it
turned out.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer