On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 08:21:53AM -0600, Kelly Black wrote:
> LUG gone service organization?
>
> http://www.mlinux.org/history/sm022002/

wow. that's really cool.
I'd be willing to volunteer for a project like that. I know there was some
effort a while ago, to set up a community volunteer-geek program, but it
doesn't seem to have gone very far.

I think what made this particular example work; is that they had a halfway
clueful admin onsite already. that way when something breaks, the school
doesn't have to hunt down some geek who set it up and then left it.

I know there's at least one schoolteacher on this list; does anyone know of
any schools that would be willing to participate in something like this?

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises