On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 04:51:25PM -0500, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 12:38:44PM -0500, nate at refried.org wrote:
> > 2. Debian is not hard to install.  If you think otherwise, why do you
> >    think it is hard to install?  What makes other distributions easier
> >    to install?
>
> Debian is harder to install than just about any other distro except
> maybe slackware (Haven't reinstalled a slack box lately), things
> like having to download the entire base and put in on what, 6 floppies?

Uh, last I checked you only needed two floppies (rescue and root) to get
a Debian install started.  Then you can download base via NFS, FTP, or
HTTP.  The common drivers are on the rescue floppy.  The drivers
floppies are for uncommon hardware.

> dselect, *gag* =)

dselect is an acquired taste.  It took me a little while to understand
it.  aptitude is a great step beyond dselect, but it could still use
some debugging.  synaptic is another choice for GUI addicts.

Nate