well, I'm thinking that's might be an  honest bug.  have you had
any other distros on that hardware?, or another nic you could configure to
verify whether or not the problem is a part of the nic driver?

	I just had another thought, is that nic a pcmcia device?  if it
is, you might need to do a restart of some of the pcmcia modules to get it
to kick over.

	I'm just shooting from the hip, I don't have 7.3 on anything as of
yet. so if anyone else can shed some light on this, you might be more help
than me at this point.

-chris

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Jay Kline wrote:

> > "ifup eth0" then that will only re-attempt to get a dhcp address.  have
> > you issued an "ifconfig eth0 <ip.add.my.sys> netmask <net.for.cur.net> up"
> > ?  I think I've got that syntax right. that *should* bring the interface
>
> I have tried both the manual way, and using Redhat's netconfig.  I grew up
> using Slackware, so I know how to do it by hand, but it does not want to make
> a connection.  I can ping myself, just not anything else on the network.
>

> Jay

-- LINUX, because rebooting is for adding hardware!
www.linuxsnob.com <-- a little linux humor, and a very little support.