On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 13:40, Erik V. Anderson wrote:
> Hello all - I have put Mandrake 8.2 on one of my older boxes with the intent to
> use it as a jukebox.  It has an Ensoniq Soundscape ISA sound card in it.  I am
> able to run sndconfig manual configuration to get it working no prob.  However,
> if I let the soundcard sit unused for a while or if I reboot, I have to re-run
> sndconfig to get the card working again.
>
> Any ideas?

I had this problem with the default kernel in Mandrake 8.1 and a
SoundBlaster 16 card.  I was able to fix it by manually linking the
nodes that the sound card used in /dev to /dev/sound.

ls -s /dev/dsp dsp

and so on.

Don't know if that's your problem though.

--
Brent Metzler					| AIM: bmetzl1999
brent at bmetzler.org				| Y! : bmetzl1999