You could just run NTP on that box and let it keep the time correct for you!

Since your address is a cs.umn.edu address I'll make a guess that you work at
the U. The U of M has a couple ntp servers. One at mpls campus is
128.101.101.101, one at st. paul campus is 134.84.84.84. It is good manners
to let the admins know you are using their ntpd servers.

Download and install the rpms for ntpdate and ntpd.

First, run
"ntpdate 128.101.101.101"
to set the time,
then start ntpd to keep the time correct
"/etc/init.d/ntpd start"
or something similar to that.

Nick