Jim Crumley writes:
 > On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 10:36:56AM -0500, rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
 > >  > On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 09:17:55AM -0500, rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
 > >  > > Does anyone have any suggestions about how to find and use the compose
 > >  > > key?
 >
 > ./ has a an ask /. up about this irght now
 > http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/06/24/1930244 ,
 > though my mail to the list seems to be a little bit lagged, so
 > you might not get this till next week.

Thanks!  The method proposed by rikkus here is the one I'm trying to
use.  And it gave me the right solution --- the Mandrake file stated
that it had remapped the Print Scrn to Compose.  In fact, it had
mapped SOMETHING to compose, but NOT PrintScrn.  A little time with
xev and the problem's solved.  Thanks for the help, everybody,
especially to you, Jim!