cbidler at innominatus.com writes:
 > >From rpgoldman:
 > > Anyone have a clue what the OR key is?  Or the Alt Gr?
 >
 > Looking at the Forward Electronics, Ltd. keyboard attached to my NCD
 > terminal (can we assume this is a Sun-compliant keyboard, since the NCD is a
 > thin client to a Solaris2.6 server?), I see the following for the bottom
 > (spacebar) row:
 >
 > [Ctrl][Alt][<diamond>][     spacebar      ][<diamond>][compose][Alt Graph]
 >                                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 >
 > So, at a guess, I'd say either a) buy a Sun keyboard, or b) map whatever
 > keys you like to whichever keycodes X/StarOffice expects for 'compose' and
 > 'Alt Graph'.

Well, as far as I can tell, Mandrake's done that.  When I press
PrintScrn (what's a Scrn, anyway :->), it generates a 99.  When I look
at dumpkeys, it claims that 99 generates a Compose keycode and that
I should be able to

compose '~' 'u' to 'ý'

However, I can't for the life of me figure out what the verb "compose"
in the above MEANS.  I press the compose key and then pus ~ and u and
I see....
~u
I try holding down Compose and that doesn't do anything, either.

What the heck do they mean "compose '~' 'u' to 'ý'"  This is one of
those annoying holes where it seems so obvious to documenters that
they leave out a key piece of information....

:-(