The sendmail address rewriting howto used to be good for me to tell me
how to bounce mail out of my local network and onto an ISP's smtp
server, complete with envelope masquerading.

But now I've got multiple machines in my local network, and want to
have them all send mail (nothing grandiose --- mostly sysadmin mail
like log watch results, cron job results, etc.) to one local machine.

Unfortunately, what I did to get my out-of-network mail to work keeps
me from correctly routing local network mail (since I don't have a
FQDN that the world recognizes).  Any suggestions about how to build a
"but" into the smart-hosting?

In the non-smtp based configurations page of the sendmail web page, I
find the following:

 define(`SMART_HOST', `suucp:uunet')
	LOCAL_NET_CONFIG
	R$* < @ $* .$m. > $*	$#smtp $@ $2.$m. $: $1 < @ $2.$m. > $3

but this is so inscrutable that I'm reluctant to just whang it into my
sendmail.mc....  If it doesn't work I'm not going to have a clue how
to debug it....

I think what I want somehow is to define the local domain by listing a
bunch of machine names and a bogon dn (.mydomain) and have that mail
avoid the smart_host.  but I can't figure out how to make that
happen.  These aren't LOCAL addresses.  They're LOCAL DOMAIN
addresses.  I find lots of resources about the former, but I'm not
finding stuff about the latter.

Thanks,