From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Kelly Black
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 9:41 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Linux email server question

On Saturday 22 June 2002 19:55, Ryan Ware wrote:
>  Not sure if Lotus Notes or Domino is available on Linux or not.
> Other than that, or someone mentioned Samsung's Open Mail there is
> nothing on *nix that stacks up against Exchange.  Argue all you want
> about MS's poor coding, scalability, security, whatever, they have
> done a pretty decent job figuring out what computing tools
> businesses want.

What alternatives have you tried?

What did you not like about them that after having a simple exchange (no pun
intended) with the developers that they refused to add to the application.
have found that most of the project developers I have talked with have been
highly responsive to suggestions, and would like to know your experiences
with the same.

Open source software is not developed in a vacuum.  It needs input from
users
in the field using the software in order to improve.  You don't have to be a
developer to help improve a project.

Kelly Black
KB0GBJ

---