> - Win95, gets address just fine and everything works
> - OpenBSD/dhclient, can't get an address.  It sends out requests and
> doesn't get back any offers

Some people have reported that using this page if they get an invalid
dhcp lease works.
https://sas.ce1.attbb.net

Otherwise, two possiblities:

I've seen the natsemi cards have different MAC addresses between windows
and unix.  Perhaps the same is happening here?

I've also seen DHCP servers require you to report a 'hostname'.

Did you try rebooting your cable modem?  It might have a static MAC list
thats being overflowed.  You don't have the private network connected to
the same segment, right?

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/