On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 06:27:15PM -0500, Dan Drake wrote:
> My old Palm Vx died and Best Buy replaced it with an i705, and I've been
> unable to get it to sync over USB.
>
> The source code for visor.c claims it supports the i705, and I have that
> module loaded, along with the other USB modules.
>
> When I hit the HotSync button, the Palm is detected and connects to the
> USB bus: [1].
>
> But when I run pilot-link or coldsync, they both just sit there, saying
> "press the HotSync button". Eventually the Palm times out and
> disconnects. It really seems like it should work, since the USB
> subsystem is recognizing the device just fine.
>
> There's not much information on this on the web (nothing specifically
> for an i705 that I can find). Has anybody gotten an i705 or similar
> device to sync?

I've got a handspring prism, to hotsync I have to press the hotsync
button on the cradle then run [pilot-xfer|coldsync|whatever], this is
because of the USB connection not being made until the hotsync button
is pressed. Also, which USB device are you telling programs to talk to?

> TIA
>
> Dan
>

> [1] http://lemongecko.org/drake/usbview-screenshot.jpg
> --
> | 4699  BDCB  B1A5  28B6  7F8A  F8DF  EB6A  BC2A  B0A1  99BF (GPG)
> | Dan Drake <drake+tclug at lemongecko.org> | http://lemongecko.org/drake/
> | public key: email <drake+gpg at lemongecko.org>

Interesting, this message didn't have the regular footer..

http://techmonkeys.org/~poptix                  GPG public key 0x01938203