Mike Nielsen <mike at getbent.net> writes:

> Howdy all.  I have a few remote users who bounce around from various isps and
> what not.   What do I need to do to configure Qmail to accept authentication
> and relay an email for a user.    I could just make the server an open relay
> but that never is any good for anyone.

So you're looking for something like the SMTP-after-POP solutions?
I'd look at Russell Nelson or David Harris's setups for that (see
www.qmail.org), or it's included in some of the fancier virtual
mailbox packages for qmail (vpopmail, I think vmailmgr).

I'm having network troubles getting to www.lifewithqmail.com right
now, but I thought they discussed this sort of thing, probably in the
section on relaying.

(If the senders are on fixed IPs, it's *much* easier.  But you said
"bounce around" so it sounds like that's not the problem.  People also
sometimes tell their users to send *out* using the ISPs smtp server,
which eliminates the problem.)
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net