On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 12:57:11PM -0500, mnlinux at TechnologyAnnex.com wrote:
> Now that Redhat does not have linuxconfig (I know, it's cheating) with
> 7.3, is there a better alternative (besides editing
> /etc/sysconfig/network-config/) for changing the ip, hostname, etc in a
> command line interface?

Use netconfig..

netconfig --help
Usage: netconfig [OPTION...]
  --bootproto=(dhcp|bootp|none)     Boot protocol to use
  --gateway=STRING                  Network gateway
  --ip=STRING                       IP address
  --nameserver=STRING               Nameserver
  --netmask=STRING                  Netmask
  --hostname=STRING                 Hostname
  --domain=STRING                   Domain name
  -d, --device=STRING               Network device
  --nodns                           No DNS lookups

Help options:
  -?, --help                        Show this help message
  --usage                           Display brief usage message

Running netconfig -d eth0, will bring up a curses based menu for setting
up the eth0 device.

http://techmonkeys.org/~poptix                  GPG public key 0x01938203