My old Palm Vx died and Best Buy replaced it with an i705, and I've been
unable to get it to sync over USB.

The source code for visor.c claims it supports the i705, and I have that
module loaded, along with the other USB modules.

When I hit the HotSync button, the Palm is detected and connects to the
USB bus: [1].

But when I run pilot-link or coldsync, they both just sit there, saying
"press the HotSync button". Eventually the Palm times out and
disconnects. It really seems like it should work, since the USB
subsystem is recognizing the device just fine.

There's not much information on this on the web (nothing specifically
for an i705 that I can find). Has anybody gotten an i705 or similar
device to sync?

TIA

Dan

[1] http://lemongecko.org/drake/usbview-screenshot.jpg