So, want to explain the process (since you apparently know it and are
witholding) of "registering" your Linux box?

I could swap NIC's, yes.  But what happens when I get a new one?  It's just
fixing a symptom, not the real issue.

Fact is, AT&T changed shit and broke it badly for a subset of it's users.
Granted, Linux isn't supported (and really shouldn't be), but they will not
take kindly to you telling them you have a linux box that doesn't work.
They went from a (more or less) standards based setup to some proprietary
junk, and it's up to groups of users like this one to figure it out.

My numerous calls about registering my "laptop's" MAC address have all been
met with a "oh, just plug it in and it will work fine" response.  Obviously
this is not the case.  Obviously the MAC needs to be registered somewhere,
and I for one am unable to do so.  That little page they have ceases to work
after you do it the first time.

-Phil

http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/

http://techmonkeys.org/~poptix                  GPG public key 0x01938203