Ben, this message isn't only to you, i just chose to reply to your
message in particular.

> Yes well I can get a lease just fine on my b0rken at&t cable modem but
> can't route packets. I can't even ping the default route :-( A co-worker
> told me they need my serial number and MAC from my cable modem again. Seems
> they need to be reprovisioned. Assholes.

I know it's a horrid throught, but have you considered calling AT&T? Have
_any_ of you called AT&T? For most of you (cable syncs, get an IP, no internet)
they'll have you go to a web page (everything _but_ that web page is
filtered), you'll enter your account number, then the last 9 digits of
your account number in the next box. Click SUBMIT, and presto chango,
the cable modem reboots and you're on the 'net.

As much as AT&T sucks, they are your ISP, you should try calling them
before bitching and whining to a mailing list. (And put some throught
into it, if you register your WINDOWS box with them, then unplug the
WINDOWS box and plug in the LINUX box, you didn't register your LINUX
box, so it's probably NOT going to work)

http://techmonkeys.org/~poptix                  GPG public key 0x01938203